No. 271 - Napa Hills

14" x 7" - Oil on Canvas Panel

Hey, it's something new, a skinny one! I've been using these Panelli Telati boards (which are great) and realized that I could cut them down using my table saw. The backing is a high quality MDF, so I decided to give it a shot. The Dewalt saw cut it like butter and I was excited to try the new aspect ratio.

I struggled mightily on the painting here. Part of it was that I got my drawing wrong (cardinal sin) and part of it was that the color was giving me fits. I would miss it in one spot and over-correct in the other. Round and round we went.

It's still a little wonky but I've found that a single painting can derail your whole effort if you let it. Some just want to fight and it's best to get it as good as you can and then move on.

Comments

Popular Posts