No. 264 - Winter Stream

10" x 8" - Oil on Canvas Panel

This painting was done as a part of the class I take with Barbara Jaenicke. My initial reaction to the photo she sent was that it was unpaintable. Watching her demo allowed me to see how to find the painting within the photo.

I was able to get one pass of the colors complete during the class, but it was nowhere near complete. For me, this is where it gets tricky.  The progress was good enough that it was a risk to go into it again because I might screw it up. 

I let it stare me down over the whole Christmas break before finally attempting to finish it. One of us was going down, and I was at least going to give it my best shot.

Getting back into it felt crazy at times but after a little while I was able to find the rhythm. I think the break was good too because after looking at it again I was able to see the "light story" much better. 

Note: This painting was done as part of a class I take with Barbara Jaenicke.  The photo, composition and direction on this piece was from Barbara as a part of the class. 

Comments

Popular Posts