No. 252 - Low Fall Sun

6" x 8" - Oil on Linen Panel

This painting is a view of the North Chickamauga Creek Gorge natural area outside of Chattanooga, TN. After finishing No. 251, our workshop group ate lunch and then watched Caleb do a demo. Which was so painful. Watching a great artist paint after you've just painted something makes it so much worse somehow. But it was also inspiring. 

The light was starting to move, but I decided to try and squeeze one more in before calling it a day. Plein air painting is so crazy because you have to work with nature to find your spot. I painted this while standing on a rock in the middle of a river. I did not necessarily achieve what I was trying to capture in the painting, but it was good to push myself get a little more comfortable with the group. 

Here are some more shots from the day:
Caleb talking about his painting and a view of what he was seeing

Me, on a rock, trying to work this one out

My view of the scene as I painted 252


Comments

Popular Posts