No. 205 - Egan’s Creek Greenway IV

6" x 8" - Oil on Panel

No. 205 is the last of the Egan's Creek ones for a while. When I put the underpainting down on 203, I also did the underpainting for this one. Instead of a light, loose version I opted for a darker version of the exact color that would be eventually visible. So, instead of just seeing the Burnt Sienna through the broken color you can see a darker version of what is there. I think it works really well on the sky and helped to keep the light and shadows defined.

One other thing to note is that I've started putting these back on Etsy. You should see an "Available" button beneath the painting which that will take you over to my Etsy store. Since I was last posting the've added "options" as well, so I am now offering the paintings framed or unframed.

Comments

Popular Posts