Friday, July 26, 2013

No. 201 - Egan’s Creek Greenway II

6" x 8" - Oil on Panel

Well, after a one year and seven month absence I am painting again and man does it feel good to be back. I have been painting sporadically over the break but I think taking some time off has helped a lot. Lots and lots of changes too, but everything is really good.

So, with the new one... this is a copy of No. 78 from 2010. I had always liked that image but felt like the first version was lacking a little bit. I tried out my new technique of putting the Burnt Sienna down first and then coming back on top with the color. I think it works a lot better.

I'm still working on the when/why/how of posting but for now I'm just painting and having fun doing it. We'll see where it goes from here.

P.S. - As you can see, I've moved the site over to my own URL. It's sort of a mess and there are huge chunks that are not done. I'll be working on it over the coming weeks but excuse the mess for now.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you back at it! And this is a nice kick-off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy!

    ReplyDelete