No. 202 - Backyard Pond

6" x 8" - Oil on Canvas

This was painted, plein air, in the backyard. Our new house has a Koi pond, and you'll probably be seeing a lot of that over the next few months. I've always wanted one, but Leslie would never let me build it. Something about digging a large hole in the yard, lots of water, fish and my "penchant for detail" made her hesitant to green light that project.

With the painting, I think it was a little much to take in and so I tackled it as best as I could do. I'm still learning so much with each one and so it takes painting something a number of times before I can really understand it. That is the good thing about this one though. It's just a raw interpretation of what was right in front of me. Parts of it are a real mess but, for better or worse, that is what I saw.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts