Painting No. 182 - Seaside Rooftops

6" x 8" - Oil on Canvas Board

Painting scenes like this are like walking on a tightrope for me right now. I dive in, turn off my brain, push paint all over the place and pray it works out.

It's like someone who has no idea how to dance that pounds a few Jägers and then cuts loose. I don't like that.

I want more control and command over this. I am painting these in Burnt Umber and I love the way they start. It's the color that completely throws me off. I don't know how to process it all.

Most of the time I am satisfied with the result but am completely frustrated by the path that takes me there. Oh well. This is where that "doing it again and again and again" thing pays off. After I get through all these I need to come back and hit it until I understand it.

Comments

Popular Posts