Painting No. 132 - Adam Tisdale

8" x 6"
NFS

I've spent the better part of 17 years (yikes) calling my good friend, Adam Tisdale, by the name of Peaches.

As I remember, it happened a day or two after we rolled into Athens. Our campus ministry, WDA, had a back-to-school cookout / volleyball game and, as newly minted freshman, people naturally wanted to know our names.

Someone said "how are we going to keep you two straight" after both of us answered with "Adam" and without even thinking I replied "I'm Adam, his name is Peaches." And for some reason it stuck. So from August 1994 on, Adam Tisdale was known as Peaches in our circles.

After spending 17 years calling him Peaches it seemed perfectly obvious to title a painting of two peaches "Adam Tisdale." At least to me.

This one is a birthday present for Pastor Tisdale and hopefully it will be a reminder of the good times we had as fresh-faced Freshman playing volleyball in Maxeys, GA one night in August.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts