Painting No. 76 - Orange Bell

8" x 8" - Oil on Stretched Canvas
Available for Purchase

Number 76 is an orange bell pepper. I still had some of the blue left over from the Persimmon yesterday and decided to add a little more teal and see what happened. I was still out of my canvas panels so this one is on a gallery wrapped, 8" x 8" canvas this time. It was a little unnerving to work larger (even though we're just talking about 2 inches) but it also felt good to get back to where I was earlier in the year.

I had trouble getting the persimmon nice and orange and decided to do a bright yellow base on this one to start so that the orange would be nice and bright. It's poking through a little on the background which adds a nice touch.

We're leaving to visit family tomorrow and I am not 100% sure about the internet situation in L.A. (Lower Alabama) so it may be Friday before I post 77, 78 and 79. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts