Painting No. 61 - Under The Bridge

8" x 6" - Oil on Canvas Board
Available for Purchase

No. 61 is another one from Chattanooga. This time we are under the Walnut Street Bridge. There is a huge expanse of grass that leads right out to the Tennessee River and people are always hanging out and having picnics there.

This painting was extremely difficult starting out. The bridge itself is a lattice work of metal and rivets. There is no way to "paint it" so I had to let it loose a little it and just see what happened. This one too was the first where I went back and worked on it some more since Number 36. If I was not going to be able to get a realistic view of it I thought I would at least have some fun and push it in more of an impressionistic direction. Parts of it are working but it's almost too loose for me. This is the last of the landscapes for a little bit.

Comments

Popular Posts