Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Painting No. 59 - On My Way Back Home

8" x 6" - Oil on Canvas Board
Available for Purchase

Here's something a little different. I wanted to shift gears and do a few landscapes and had this shot from earlier in the year.

Every Monday I work on site with a client and come home on Windemere Parkway. When the time changes it's normally dusk or dark when I'm headed back and occasionally you get a pretty decent sunset. I liked the almost night-time feel of this with the headlights of the cars paired with the sunset. It makes me feel optimistic but at the same time it feels like there is a long way to go. Title is lifted from the new Band of Horses album which (I think) is quite good. That song actually feels perfect for this painting.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool bro - you are cranking out some amazing work!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this back story...I'm the one that bought this from you...love it, now love even more with the music...
    Ty-Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to see that post. It's always more fun when you know the story behind something.

    ReplyDelete