Painting No. 21 - El Habanero

8" x 8" - Oil on Canvas
SOLD

This is No. 21 - it's a pepper. The thing is, it was supposed to be a grapefruit.

I started the grapefruit on Monday, worked it carefully this week and tried to finish it last night but ended up totally screwing it up. Which sucks.

I almost decided to give up go to bed but then realized that my whole problem is that I keep trying to work these things too much. I had the pepper lined up for this weekend and so I got it prepped, knocked it out and 30 minutes later was done.

This is a lot better than the grapefruit and took 1/10 of the time. It makes no sense but who am I to argue with El Habanero?

Comments

  1. Ahh, this is so cool!!! The colors really pop - this will be gorgeous in someone's kitchen! But not mine, because it's making me want queso and margaritas . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can verify that it IS gorgeous in someone's kitchen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts