Sunday, February 7, 2010

Painting No. 11 - With A Little Help From My Friends



No. 11 brings us to the first of the cherries. These little suckers are way harder to paint than I thought and to be honest I was getting pretty down. They were all looking like deformed beach balls and I was not 100% sure where it was going.

But then I had an early birthday party and got some good inspiration that helped get me over the hump. Mom & Dad got me a book that provided inspiration, Meredith & Aaron ironically got the the color that I was missing (a cherry red - hello, McFly?), and Les got me a new table to organize everything. So with that in hand I was able to push through and quite like these two.

This one is on a stretched canvas and was toned with a really dark blue. You can still see that on the sides so even without a frame you can put a couple of nails in the wall and hang it as is.

If you would like to purchase this painting you can buy it at my Etsy store at this link.

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous!!! I think one of my fav so far. I'm so happy the red color worked.

    Hope you're having a great birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete