Painting No. 10 - A Lack of Color



Here we are with the second of the cranes. Instead of worrying about the color I decided (on the advice of Rank) to go with more of a white on white type of deal. Maybe it's because this is the second crane but I was really feeling it on this one. This was actually done in one sitting (minus the orange underpainting) and it was soooo nice to get it right and not have to beat it into submission.

Title is lifted from the great song off DCFC's Transatlanticism:
If you feel discouraged, That there's a lack of color here
Please don't worry lover, It's really bursting at the seams
For absorbing everything, The spectrum's a to z

How good is that? Nerdy AND sensitive. So, Number 10 is in the books. The 90 left in front of me makes me worried but I'm taking it one painting at a time. Which sounds like a bad sitcom.

This is an 8" x 10" oil painting on canvas board. You can buy No. 10 off my Etsy store at this link. Thanks!

Comments

Popular Posts