And here we go...

The canvas is primed, colors bought and subject matter has been identified. I am ready to go and starting this weekend the first bad boy of the 100 will be live and ready for viewing.

I am going to start with still lifes (is that the right way to write that?) and fruit in particular. It's not very imaginative or exciting but it's fixed and as easy as it gets. And remember, these paintings cost $1.00 and $2.00 folks so you can't be too picky. I have been warming up with pears and had no idea how difficult a simple pear could be. I am REALLY tired of painting pears but have realized that painting fruit is the "sit-up" of oil painting. A pain in the ass but gets you in shape.

One note on my pears. I have spent so much time looking and working with this group that it felt wrong to eat them. They had moved from simply being fruit to quasi-alive little fruit people. Though I will say that Leslie did the killin' and made quite a nice Gorgonzola and Pear salad.

Comments

Popular Posts